Welcome to Dietrich Orthodontics! We know that choosing orthodontic treatment is a big decision, and we’re excited to help you achieve a healthy, confident smile. The first step in this new journey is an initial consultation with us, which is one of the most important visits you’ll have. It gives us the chance to get to know each other a little bit and take a look at the concerns you have about your smile. And as always, your initial consultation is complimentary!
If you’re not sure what to expect from this appointment, you may be feeling a little nervous, but don’t worry—we work hard to keep things as exciting and stress-free as possible. Part of that is keeping you informed each step of the way. With that in mind, let’s talk about what you can look forward to when you have your first visit with us!
What’s included in a consultation?
After saying hello and following COVID-19 check in procedures (described below), one of our Treatment Coordinators will go over your medical and dental history with you. We’ll then take some digital photographs of your teeth in their present state, your profile, and your smile. This will be followed by a series of digital x-rays, which enable us to see what’s happening underneath the gums. We’ll use these x-rays to get a handle on the position and growth of the bones and joints, as well as any teeth that are still below the gum line.
After this, you’ll be introduced to Dr. Dietrich! He’ll look over your x-rays and photos, then perform a quick but thorough oral examination. Besides looking in your mouth, he may also ask if you’ve had any problems with chewing, swallowing, or opening and closing your mouth. The information that we obtain from your history, images, and exam will allow Dr. Dietrich to make a proper diagnosis and provide a customized treatment plan. Most of the time, no other visit is necessary prior to treatment beginning!
There’s a lot to go over in this first visit, so you should expect to spend at least an hour with us. That gives us plenty of time to cover all the important topics, including:
- any questions or concerns you have about your smile
- if treatment is needed immediately or if waiting is the best course of action
- what treatment options would best serve your smile
- an estimate of how long we expect your treatment to take
- the total investment required for your new smile
- any payment or financing options we have available to you
What happens after the consultation?
Following the exam, Dr. Dietrich may tell you that everything is just fine, or he may recommend treatment immediately or future treatment. If treatment is recommended, we can begin the same day or schedule an appointment for you to come in and have your appliance fitted or placed. You’ll have regular check-ups with us every 4-8 weeks or so, during which we’ll ensure your teeth are moving the way we want them to and that things are progressing according to your treatment plan. Dr. Dietrich will take this time to adjust your braces as well.
These follow-up visits are an essential part of every orthodontic journey, and you should try your best to not miss any of them. That being said, we know that “life happens!” If you find yourself running late for an appointment or can’t make it for any reason, we simply ask that you let us know as soon as possible so we can reschedule you for another day. This will help us keep your treatment plan on track!
You should continue to see your regular dentist for check-ups and cleanings throughout the orthodontic process. If any extra dental care is needed during this time, we’ll coordinate with your dentist to ensure your smile is being cared for across the board.
If Dr. Dietrich suggests treatment in a child’s future, but not immediately, the patient is automatically a member of our Kids Club! The Kids Club is a way for Kids to become comfortable with visits to see Dr. Dietrich, wear their Kids Club t-shirt, and get fun prizes at each visit. Kids Club members are monitored 1-2 times per year by Dr. Dietrich, FREE of charge. The goal is to monitor each patient so treatment can be performed at the optimal time during the patient’s own growth.
Investing in a healthier smile
We want every patient to have access to high-quality orthodontic care that fits their budget. During your consultation, we’ll outline all the fees associated with your treatment and ensure you understand each one before moving forward. This total cost will vary from case to case as every patient has specific needs. Dr. Dietrich is proud to offer a variety of affordable treatment options and flexible payment plans! We also accept most major credit cards, insurance plans, and HSA or Flex Spending accounts.
The smile you’ve always wanted is waiting for you at Dietrich Orthodontics
Here at Dietrich Orthodontics, we have a talented team who are committed to creating healthy, confident smiles for patients of all ages across Stark County. We’ve worked hard to create a safe and welcoming environment where you’ll feel like family, from your first visit with us to your last—and beyond!
If you haven’t already scheduled your complimentary consultation, get in touch today and we’ll be happy to help set it up for you! No dental referrals are necessary to begin working towards the smile you’ve always wanted.
How we’re keeping our community healthy
In light of the Covid-19 pandemic, we’ve recently made some changes to the way our appointments work. The health of our patients and staff has always been a top priority, and we’ve put these measures in place to provide the safest environment possible for straightening your smile!
- Patients should fill out any necessary forms online which were emailed to you, if applicable.
- Patients should brush their teeth at home before their appointment, as our toothbrushing station is currently closed.
- All patients should wear a cloth mask or other face covering when entering the office.
- Do not drink anything hot or cold within 30 minutes of your appointment time. We will be taking each patient’s temperature before they enter the office, and this can affect the reading. Any patient with a temperature over 99.6F will be rescheduled.
- Patients should remain in their vehicle when they arrive for their appointment. Text us at 330-821-4187 with the patient name and type of vehicle. When we’re ready, one of our team members will come get the patient (plus one adult if patient is a minor) from the car.
- We will ask a few health screening questions, and the patient or parent will be asked to sign a new informed consent document
- All patients will be asked to perform an oral rinse before being seen.
- Parents and caregivers will also be asked the health screening questions and have their temperature taken before entering the office. At this time, siblings must remain in the vehicle or at home.
Our goal is to provide excellent orthodontic care SAFELY. We’ve spent hours learning about the best practices for orthodontic offices and our new operating procedures have exceeded the recommendations in many cases. We thank you for your patience and compliance with them! Your cooperation helps us keep you, our team, and the families in our community safe and healthy.